Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Crazy Cat Lady - Introduction


I'd like to introduce you to my new sim, Katie LaPerm. She's literally a crazy cat lady. Her traits are insane, hopeless romantic, cat person, easily impressed, and childish. Naturally her lifetime wish is The Cat Herder which requires her to be friends with 15 cats. To make things extra insane I'm playing it as a Wishacy (only possibly more of a challenge, not sure I'll go past one generation) which means free will is on high and I'm not allowed to tell her to do anything unless it fulfills a promised wish, her LTW, or she has a negative need moodlet. The same thing is true for any other member of the family including her cats. So instead of playing it's kind of like watching, which is pretty fun!

I've also decided to play on a realistic time span. Why? I don't know. I'm pretty sure I'll regret this later. Basically I used the pregnancy length, which is 3 days, to decide how long a sim year is and then figured out how many years people spend in each life stage IRL. Yup, I did math and no one even made me! Here's how everything works out:

Baby: 0-6 months, 2 days
Toddler: 6 months - 4 years, 14 days
Child: 5-12 years, 32 days
Teen: 13-18 years, 24 days
Young Adult: 19-30 years, 48 days
Adult: 31-65 years, 140 days
Elder: 66-80 years, 60 days

Total: 320 days aka a looong time, even for me! Which is one of the reasons I'm thinking it may be a challenge rather than legacy. It's recommended that you give wishacy sims the Family Oriented trait which makes it more likely they'll wish for kids and to get married. Since she was already going to end up with a bunch of cats I didn't want her to have a lot of kids as well which is why I picked Hopeless Romantic instead. I have the woohooer mod so if she does end up with a BF/DH they can autonomously risky woohoo. I think that's all the introductory stuff, so lets get this party started!