Saturday, October 26, 2013

Speed Simself - Update 2.1

We finally made it to university! It was a long drive and it's nice to be on solid ground again. I know I want to be a Chess Legend, but I have no idea what job I want. I'm hoping being in college will help me "find myself" and figure that out. For now I've chosen a technology major because that's the one I have the most credits for. 

My sister Tamsin has dreamt of being a CEO of a Mega Corporation since she became a teen so she's working towards a business degree.

My brother Erik has the similarly big dream of being a World Renowned Surgeon so he's going to the school of Science and Medicine. 

My girlfriend Savannah is a witch. Like a real turn you into a toad witch. She's going to use that to her advantage by becoming a Master Magician. You know, the fake kind. She has the magic part down but she's not much of a performer so she's getting a Fine Arts degree.

My other two adult siblings have decided to forgo college and start working on their music careers right away. They (along with Cassie's BF Ryan) bought the house next to my parent's after graduation. 

This semester we're living in a dorm because we didn't get enough financial aid to get an apartment. I'm used to living in a full house so it's not too bad. 

Savannah and I aren't sure we're really supposed to room together, but no one stopped us so we're going with it. So far our relationship has been pretty tame, just kissing and stuff, but I think we're both ready to get more serious.

Tamsin and Erik decided to room together as well. The picked a room across the hall on the same floor as us.

We arrived on a Sunday so had some free time to settle in. My first priority was making the fireplace in our room fireproof. I'd really rather not burn the house down because we left for class without putting it out or something. 

Tamsin is super charismatic so it's no surprise she started making friends with our other dorm mates right away.

Later that night we all went to the student union to check things out. I hopped up on the podium and started impersonating our professors, or at least what I suspected they would act like. Savannah thinks I'll probably end up being a rebel.

Tamsin found a whiteboard in a study room and started drawing random equations all over it. I'm pretty sure she just made them up though because she's never been that good at math.

Erik really wanted to get a free soda out of this vending machine. You know he's a bit insane, right? We weren't rich by any means but we do have enough to get a soda.

Unfortunately this was a big mistake. He rocked the vending machine a little too hard, and it fell on him. I couldn't believe it! Who dies of blunt force trauma from a falling vending machine on the first day of school?

Tamsin was the first one of us to get to the scene. She's the only one who had to see his poor body lying there before the Grim Reaper cremated it and put it in an urn.

Erik didn't seem to mind that he died though. He greeted Death with open arms.

He didn't plead for his life, he didn't beg, he just shook Grim's hand and off they went.

We all took it really hard. How in the world was I supposed to break this news to my parents?! We just got here! He may have been crazy, but he was my brother and I loved him. I didn't know how I was going to get through the semester now. I almost decided to just withdraw and go home.

The mascot dude came over and tried to cheer me up, but I wasn't having it. 
"Don't you see that my brother just died?! Go away and pester somebody else!"

The saddest part of all was the single soda left sitting on the ground, unlodged from it's spot inside the vending machine as it fell. Tamsin took the soda and put it in her backpack. She swore no one would ever drink it.