Friday, August 1, 2014

Love is a Riddle - Chapter 10

"I am Salazar! No mudbloods shall set foot in my school!"

Tom got another promotion and now has four toddlers to watch at once. Liz is occasionally helpful after she gets home from work but gets in the way just as often. 

Tom went for a stroll down to the Arboretum and got some life fruit. It wasn't my original plan to extend his life but my original plan kinda fell through. I figure now that there's a plant in town for harvesting (so he doesn't have to go around searching for seeds) we might as well use that to our advantage.

Soon it was Love Day and the Riddles updated their family photo. They stayed at the festival for a while but nothing interesting happened. Then it started to rain so they went home.

It's time for Severus's birthday! It was a school night so they just had a small party with immediate family.

He randomly rolled the Great Kisser trait, so those girls at prom better watch out!

During the full moon I spotted this zombie playing on her laptop and thought it was funny. =D I probably wouldn't have noticed, but as you can kind of see the university mascot came by while she was out there.

 It's great that there's a bush free for picking at the Arboretum, but it's kind of inconvenient for Tom to go out there all the time. Plus it takes a while to grow new fruit anyway so it makes more sense to have more than one bush. Sadly Tom has no gardening skill so it will take some time before he is able to plant them. He still has a few weeks before his bar fills so he has time.

With the move Severus's grades were reset so he wasn't able to get on the honor roll before aging up, but Bellatrix did (+5 points)!


For some reason Salazar loves to check his bed for monsters. Happens nearly every night! He has the brave trait so I'm thinking that must be why he does but the other two don't. Being brave one would think he would sleep in the bed anyway, but no. So far he's either slept on the couch or stayed up until the scared moodlet goes away so he can sleep in his bed so he hasn't passed out yet. *finger's crossed*


Severus had one of those mood swing days and tried to booby trap the sink while both his parents were standing right there! That's definitely deserving of the moniker idiot. He lost computer privileges for a day.

Liz and Bellatrix have introduced Salazar to the joys of gaming. Basically any time they are home at least one of the three are playing. Severus does sometimes as well but not as often as the others.

Severus would rather work on his spell casting instead.

Because I like to live dangerously I usually have on autonomous risky. I need to remember to turn that off or there won't be room for the heir's spouse and kids! Especially if Severus get's picked.

Another alien abduction at the same time as a surprise pregnancy announcement! He got taken only minutes after Liz woke up. Could there be two new little ones on the way? Spoiler: there isn't.

I had decided I wouldn't get anything else from the store, but since I'm not getting TS4 I figured I might as well get this little guy while he was on sale. It scares me a bit having it near the idiots but I am taking precautions, mostly involving strategic locking/unlocking of the fence. Even with the life fruit I'm not going the ambrosia route so someone getting eaten would help more than eating life fruit every day.

 This is what happens when the restoration ritual fails. Everything in the house that could break or get dirty does, and random trash piles get placed around the lot. After the third time in a row I remembered to buy Tom a more expensive wand. 

These kids love to be read to sleep! Reading is important but it can get annoying. We've had a couple close calls with almost passing out but so far it's only happened the one time when Severus aged up to child.

Labor time! I plan to keep the Harry Potter themed names going but didn't want to keep trying to come up with an appropriate one off the top of my head. I went to the HP wiki and copied down a list of characters, numbered them, and saved it to my desktop. I should have made two separate lists, one male and one female, but I didn't think about it until I was done. So now when a baby is born I'll use random.org to pick the name. If the number I get is the wrong sex then I'll pick a new number until I get the right one.

That being said, the newest member of the Riddle family is Nymphadora (+5 points)! She randomly rolled the Perceptive and Easily Impressed traits.
_________________________________________________________

SCORECARD

  - 5 Fire
  - 5 Passing Out
+20 Birth
+15 Skill Challenge
+  5 Honor Roll
________

+30 Total Points

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I was kinda hoping for a purple one to match their hair but green is my favorite color. :)

      Delete