Thursday, August 21, 2014

Love is a Riddle - Chapter 13

I got them this cauldron because magic, but I guess using it decreases your energy? Tom was fine, but then after conjuring some stuff he passed out (-5 points). I wanted to make their house look more wizardly but don't want to risk fails so back to the store it goes.

When Liz was having her adult birthday she glitched or something and blew out the candles way over there in the middle of the room. Thankfully it wasn't a big deal, she was able to age up fine and after resetting her just in case she hasn't had any other problems.


Nymphadora spent all of the night before asking for bedtime stories (as kids are wont to do), and passed out (-5 points) before she even ate her cake. You can see the poor forgotten piece on the floor by Bellatrix's chair.

The three teens went on a field trip to the mausoleum, and I got this notification. I thought it was oddly fitting that Bellatrix was the one picking up random skulls. 

Liz developed a mid life crisis after her birthday and wished to change jobs. Since she was progressing in her current career at a snail's pace I decided to use her free adult action to fulfill her wish. Her logic skill is pretty high so she joined the Medical Career.

After changing jobs she had no hope of fulfilling her lifetime wish (to become a creature-robot cross breeder) so I used her lifetime reward points to change it to World Renowned Surgeon.

 It's time for Severus's young adult birthday! I love the crazy look on Bellatrix's face in this picture.

 He randomly rolled the Artistic trait and chose the Illustrious Author lifetime wish. I was a bit conflicted when picking his lifetime wish. Should I do something he can start working on right away as an idiot? Or something that would make things easier if he became heir? I eventually settled on the latter and picked something he could do from home while taking care of his eventual children.

Since he wouldn't be earning much as an author or painter while uncontrolled I used his free YA action to get him a job in the education career. Everglow Academy might not be Hogwarts, but close enough.

What's an update without an alien abduction?

To get his mind off being probed I bought Salazar a sculpting station and used his free teen action to get started.

Tom has finally grown his first life fruit! Immortality is within his grasp! It's not necessary now that he got milk from the cow plant, but it's still nice to have. For now I'm putting the fruit in one of those alchemy display cases that came with supernatural so he doesn't use them as fertilizer, but I'm considering putting them in his inventory after gen 2 starts to see if he will autonomously eat them and live forever. =D

When I bought the sculpting station I also bought a guitar since I know sims will autonomously pick them up and start earning skill points. Salazar played it for a bit and got a skill point, but so far hasn't bothered to play it a second time.

New family photo means it must be Snowflake Day!

I used MOO to make room for more pictures. I think I have enough room now to at least get through this generation. There's a chance the heir might want to remodel anyway.

Tom invited Bellatrix's love interest over for Snowflake Day and I used her free teen action to tell him she just wanted to be friends. Another prom would happen before her birthday and I'm hoping she will start dating someone who is a witch. It's bad enough that Severus is dating a muggle without her dating one too.

It kinda looks like the poor chap is pouting in this picture of their gift giving party. 

There must have been a good end of summer sale on parasols because the family got three of them, along with a chess table, doll house, flowerpot lamp, gnome, guitar, sail lamp, and everyone's favorite - coal.

_________________________________________________________

SCORECARD

  - 5 Fire
- 15 Passing Out
+20 Birth
+25 Skill Challenge
+10 Honor Roll
+20 Maxed Skill
________

+55 Total Points