Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Mischief Managed - Chapter 5


Hermione found the chess tables outside of the Science building again. It's so nice when uncontrolled Sims use skilling objects by themselves!


Shortly into the second week Harry froze and I had to use "reset sim". Sadly it made his grade drop from the top back down to halfway and he lost his "Dean's List" moodlet. It was kind of a pain getting it back to the top before the term ended.


One night I noticed music playing by the group science project and took a look. There was an invisible sim singing for tips! Although you can't tell by the picture, the microphone would move around. 


Thankfully during the second week they didn't have the same problem and were able to attend the lecture. I was worried they would get the "skipped class" message again but they didn't. Harry wasn't allowed to sleep through class either as he had to get that grade up. 


When not going to class or gardening he spent time using the dorm's exercise equipment. One day he will max the athletic skill, but not this day.


Hermione continued subsisting on sodas. Out of the 30 Harry got at the beginning of term they only had 3 left at the end.



It was hard, but they both got A's! The first week was tough for Hermione and the second week was tough for Harry. I am glad the term is over and they can move out of the dorm.


Since she got A's both terms Hermione completed her LTW! (+40 points) I really didn't expect her to complete it when I gave it to her, even though I knew I'd be sending her to University with Harry. I doubt many other sims would have been able to do it on their own. I'm glad you are able to change the tone to "work hard" for most of the classes or it probably wouldn't have happened. 



Harry graduated and picked Born Salesman for his academic trait, that way he could sell his produce for more at the consignment store. It joins Brave, Family Oriented, Good, Green Thumb, and Athletic.



Picking a trait for Hermione was harder. Since she already had Ambitious, Bookworm, Genius, Socially Awkward, and Workaholic I wasn't sure what other trait was Hermioneish. In the end I went with Neat. That way she'll at least clean up after herself. And I just realized I may have broken a rule picking her trait, as I was probably supposed to randomize it. Oops. I will deduct points after I get confirmation that I did indeed break a rule. 


And that's it, the end of University! I din't document that much of week two of their second term, since it was the same stuff happening as the last three weeks. 


Here is their finances right before they were whisked back to Moonlight Falls. Not too shabby, eh?


Upon arriving I had Harry move them to a new, much better house. It's one I got from the bin, I think it came with the base game. 


This was two so-so bedrooms but I turned it into a nursery and a temporary master bedroom, so that Harry is closer to his babies while gardening and sleeping. I also took out the tubs and added a shower in one bathroom and a tub/shower combo in the other. Eventually this will become a skilling area. The door in the nursery was erroneously assumed to be the front door but I changed that. 


The main living space had a fireplace but I replaced it with a television, then added a chess table, two easels, and a bookcase.


Dining room is the same. Changed out the fridge and stove in the kitchen for better ones and added a microwave and food processor. 


These two bedrooms had double beds originally, I rearranged them to fit five children. I also added a tub/shower combo to the bathroom that just had a tub before.


This was the master bedroom, I simply moved the bed to the first floor so Harry and Hermione could use it and kept the rest the same. I'll move it back up once their kids are out of the toddler stage. Again I changed out the tub in their bathroom, did the base game not come with shower/tub combos? 


In the backyard I build a greenhouse for Harry with the Into The Future rugs. I also added two rocking horses to the deck, and added stairs since before you couldn't leave the deck.


Before even having a chance to check out the new house, Harry started putting the moves on Hermione.




Now that they're out of University Harry was able to propose! 




They immediately had a private wedding. I did this for three reasons: 1) they don't know anyone in Moonlight Falls to invite to the wedding anyway 2) I was sick of seeing the get married wish in Harry's locked in wishes and 3) I wanted them married before Hermione started work. If they got married after she started work she would get time off for a honeymoon or whatever and she is going to get enough time off already!


After their wedding I had Hermione use her Young Adult free action to "upload resume" and choose the Medical career. Due to her success in University she started at level 4. I went with medical instead of science because I thought it was more likely for her to level logic than gardening and fishing.


Then it was baby making time! Woohoo!
_________________________________________________________________________

+10 Skill Challenge
+40 Lifetime Wish
-   5 Self Urination 
----------
+45 Total Points