Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Zombie Apocalypse Challenge Thoughts

Since I'm just doing this challenge while laid up in bed I'm not going to blog about it with screenshots and such like I normally do. I did want to write out my thoughts as far as play testing goes. So far I have played through one sim week which was all of summer. If you missed the post with the challenge rules, you can find it here. Forum topic is here.

It took two days after starting the outbreak to have my first zombie encounter. I started out with one fisherman, one gardener, and one klepto handyman. As soon as the challenge started I had the fisherman work out until fatigued and then go fishing at the lot next door until he was no longer fatigued or had to use the bathroom, sleep etc. Then he would start the cycle over. By the time we encountered a zombie he had 5 or 6 points in athletic and only barely escaped, as he rolled the lowest number necessary. He is the only one who has left the fence so far. I was dumb and didn't see the fish spawner at first and just had him fish in a random spot of the lake, so it was very touch and go those first few days when it came to having enough food.

I did have a problem a day or two later where his attack roll succeeded but he still got turned into a zombie. I tried to use Dexter the Bear but got a notification that the target moved and the attack was unsuccessful. Since this is not seen as unsuccessful within the rules, I feel it is fine to cheat yourself back to health. Control-clicking the zombie moodlet didn't work permanently as it popped back up, but you also get a germy moodlet and control-clicking both of them seems to have him back to normal.

Sometimes when you kill a zombie a cop will come and try and arrest you. I recommend looking at the cop's name then using the resetsim cheat to reset the cop not your sim getting arrested. Resetting your sim will change how much their needs have decayed so would be considered cheating. I also think it gets rid of some moodlets. I'm not sure what happens if you actually get arrested since you shouldn't have a police station anymore. Killing zombies also gives you two negative moodlets that are pretty powerful and last like a week. You can control-click them away if you want, otherwise whoever is killing zombies will be permanently in the orange or red.